A Family Affiliation in NCFCA offers all eligible students in your family the privilege of competing in NCFCA sanctioned events during the year. For speech and debate, this includes all Regional Qualifiers held in the region of affiliation, all National Opens, and (if qualified) the Regional Invitational and National Championship. Other competition opportunities include an annual Essay Contest and an annual Short Film Contest.
Because NCFCA understands the importance of homeschool parents having a voice in the subject matter that their students will study, Affiliate Families may also cast votes each spring for the upcoming season’s Debate topics.
Election of Leadership
Another important advantage to being an Affiliate is the ability to participate in the process of choosing your State Representative. NCFCA trusts and relies on the knowledge and judgment of Affiliates to recognize those that have great leadership skills and valuable tournament experience in their area.
NCFCA offers an exclusive series of webinars, intended to inspire, encourage, and equip your family for excellent competition and real-world engagement. Affiliates have unique opportunities to join league leaders, veteran parents, NCFCA Alumni and other special guests in interactive sessions as we explore topics on skill development, club dynamics, attending tournaments for the first time, impacting communities, and more! Our goal is to bring relevant topics to you in a convenient format, supplying you with the tools you need to have a successful experience with NCFCA.
- Value of Webinar Series – $100
- The Source – To assist NCFCA families with developing excellent academic research and debate skills, each Affiliate family receives complimentary access to both the Team Policy and Lincoln-Douglas editions of The Source, the official NCFCA debate sourcebook.
- Market Value of The Source – $50 per style of debate (Available at no charge to Affiliates)
- LexisNexis – Each Affiliate family receives a 99% discount on subscriptions to the premiere online research database, LexisNexis. The use of professional databases and information through LexisNexis makes for more efficient research, easier access to relevant answers and information, and offers students the opportunity to learn how to find necessary and credible information through resources that they will commonly use when preparing collegiate-level assignments later in life.
- Market Value of yearly subscription to LexisNexis – $3,480 (Cost to NCFCA Students just $35)
Printing and Supply Discount Program
One of the major expenses of speech and debate, and homeschooling in general, is the cost of office and school supplies, such as paper, binders, sticky notes, etc., and the cost of copying and printing all the materials necessary to prepare cases, briefs and speeches. To assist you in financially managing that expense, NCFCA has contracted with both Office Max and Office Depot to bring you deep discounts on all your homeschool printing and supply needs.
- Value of Office Max and Office Depot Discount Card – Generally 60-80% off of the normal price. For instance, normal printing costs are roughly $.10 per page, but with our discount, is only $.02 per page. (Discount card available at no charge to NCFCA Affiliates)
HSLDA Discount Program
The HSLDA Discount Program offers NCFCA Affiliates $20 off HSLDA annual membership dues. Before you pay your HSLDA membership dues, contact the NCFCA Office to confirm your Affiliate status and receive the discount code.
- Value of Discount for HSLDA membership – $20
SAT/ACT Prep Course Discounts
NCFCA has arranged to offer our Affiliates the highly acclaimed eKnowledge SAT/ACT Prep courses (PowerPrep Program) as an aid to preparing our students for excellence for just the cost of shipping/handling. The SAT or ACT PowerPrep™ Program is available online (Cloud version) or DVD. The Program includes more than 11 hours of video instruction and 3000+ files of supplemental test prep material, thousands of interactive diagnostic tools, sample questions, practice tests and graphic teaching illustrations.
- Value of eKnowledge SAT/ACT Prep courses – $250 (Available to NCFCA Affiliates for only the cost of shipping and handling – around $17.00 to $20.00 depending on which version of the Prep Course you choose)
*All discounts available via your NCFCA Dashboard once your Affiliation is complete